Composites testing requires specialized knowledge, experience and equipment. Our composite testing laboratories are equipped with the tools necessary for performing different tests, which help our engineers and materials experts to evaluate composite samples. They combine properties of polymers, metals, glass, cellulose, and other materials.
Products made from composite materials often operate in demanding conditions, pushing materials such as new thermoplastics, foams, and adhesives to their very limits. Elan performs mechanical tests and utilizes thermal analysis techniques to characterize polymers and composite materials (in accordance with ASTM, EN, ISO and other relevant international standards within composites testing):
- Mechanical properties (flexural, tensile, interlaminar, compressive, shear,…)
- Impact and compression after impact
- Fracture toughness and fatigue
- Structural tests
- Thermal analysis to characterize polymers and composite materials
- Determination of glass transition temperature (TG)
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Determination of resin and fibre on composite by burn
- Gel-time, viscosity, flow-time, reaction-time, etc.
Our experts work tirelessly to solve the most complex technical and commercial challenges in the fields of material selection, application, product prototyping and product qualification.